1) My daughter’s boyfriend graduated from the University of Washington on Friday. We were late getting there due to traffic, the ceremony was long, and it was stuffy in the venue. But I cried when this amazing young woman spoke about putting herself through college as the single mother of two, and I was inspired by how hard all of those kids worked to get to that day. Congratulations, Mat, we’re SO proud of you!
2) I finished FIRELIGHT by Sophie Jordan, and WOW. Just WOW! I was wondering how she was going to pull of the whole dragon ancestry thing (especially of the fire-breathing variety) but she totally did it. I LOVED IT!
But what’s even better than ME finishing FIRELIGHT??? I’m going to share the FIRELIGHT love. In July, I’m going to run a contest for an ARC of this awesome September release, so stay tuned!!!
3) THE BODY FINDER is coming to Brazil! I found out on Friday that Editora Intrínseca Ltda will be publishing the Portuguese language versions of TBF and Desires of the Dead in Brazil. So welcome to the TBF family, Editora Intrínseca!!!
4) And you wanna see something REALLY cool? My German publisher, Coppenrath, set up this AWESOME website for The Body Finder. I have no idea what it says (Sprechen Sie Deutsch?), but I LOVE the colors, the German cover, and the new title (Bodyfinder: Echoes of the Dead). Germany, FTW!!!
5) Last, and certainly not least, we had sun in the Northwest. Huzzah! You think I kid, but I totally don’t. It’s been a soggy, raining, gloomy mess out here and we’ve been in desperate need of some Vitamin D. This weekend temps broke 80, my daughter got a farmer’s tan, and I may have staved off Rickets for yet another year.
Now it’s your turn: How was your weekend???