1) The house is suddenly so quiet. Terribly, terribly quiet. Maybe a little too quiet.
2) I felt bad sending them back to school this year…mostly because we live in the Pacific Northwest and we had an awful summer. I didn’t feel like we had enough sun to warrant the start of school. I feel like I owe them something: popsicles, sunscreen, maybe a trip to the Bahamas.
3) My husband walked in while I was piercing my son’s ears the night before school started. He just shook his head and said, “Most dads are going over football plays with their sons. Me, I’m watching your mom pierce your ears. Nice.”
4) Which brings me to my next point. When did THIS excited little Kindergartner:
Seriously, wasn’t it just yesterday that I was cutting the crust off his PB&Js? (Okay, yes, that probably was just yesterday, he’s still a guy, after all…but you get my point.)
5) When my daughter was getting dressed for her first day, she slipped into her skinny jeans and started jumping around yelling: “Yes! I look just like Jack McDonald!”
Umm, not exactly the look I was going for. Jack is our 13-year-old neighbor, who, yes, rocks the skinny jean look, but…well…is a 13-year-old boy.
I was thinking more Rock Diva for my daughter.