FANTASTICO!!!

Italy is joining the TBF family, thanks to Italian publisher Mondadori who just bought Italian rights to The Body Finder and Desires of the Dead! To celebrate this exciting news, I’m planning to indulge my love of all things pasta, pizza, and gelato! So what’s different about this kind of celebration than any other day??? Two words: No Guilt!

In other news, I’m so over Halloween this year. I'm not sure how this happened since it's not even Halloween yet, but I have absolutely zero urge to carve pumpkins or to go out trick-or-treating with the kids (which in our neighborhood means trick-or-drinking for the grown-ups!). I mean, don’t get me wrong, I’m all about having an overflowing candy bowl in my house, but for some strange reason I’m ready to bypass the all the fall holidays and jump right into the Christmas season.

On other hand, my husband, as usual, is all over Halloween. He’s got flying ghosts on the roof, scary music, fog machines and strobe lights, hanging skeletons in our entry way (and on our garage), and this really cool head in a crystal ball that screams: “LET ME OUT!” All of the little kids are terrified of our house*. (It really is kind of awesome!)

As for me, I can’t quite explain where all this early Christmas cheer is coming from, but I’m already craving eggnog lattes and humming Christmas tunes in my head. I have a feeling this holiday season is going to be extra festive for me. Translation: expensive.

I wonder if it’s too soon to send out my Christmas cards**. Yeah, maybe I should wait a few more weeks. At least.


* I have to stand outside and bribe them with candy.
** You probably think I'm joking, but I seriously already have them!

Comments

YA Book Queen said…
Congrats! And I hope you enjoy all that italian food ;)

I have to admit too, I'm not really feeling the October holidays lately. I just wish it was already December =)
lisa and laura said…
CONGRATS! And weren't you sick of Halloween last year too? I seem to remember you getting in trouble for complaining about "mom duties." Hmm...maybe that was Easter? Either way, I totally relate. I'm just excited to eat all the candy.
Diane said…
Congratulations!!! That is awesome and yes enjoy your pasta and pizza!!
Lea - I'm glad I'm not the only one ;)

LiLa - You're right, I've kinda been over the whole pumpkin carving and Easter egg thing for a while now (I've been doing them F-O-R-E-V-E-R!), but usually I still love the fall season (trick-or-treating, fall foilage, Thanksgiving, pumpkin pies). Okay, so maybe I still love the pumpkin pies!
Little Ms J said…
I can't wait for Christmas! Although, I will admit I've contemplated taking my fetus to the Pumpkin Patch.
Tam and John said…
I totally did the minimum on the Halloween decor this year...I too, am just waiting for Christmas! But, for the record, you DO have The Best New Decoration in the Hood this year - that hanging ghost in the entryway CREEPS ME OUT!!!