Thursday, November 25, 2010

Five Things I'm Thankful For...

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! For some reason, this is one of my favorite holidays. (I'm sure it has something to do with the food!)

This morning I was thinking about what I'm thankful for, and I decided to put a (very) short list together:

First, I’ll go with the obvious: I’m grateful for heat. It’s cold here in the Northwest right now. Frigid and icy. I will never again underestimate the value of warmth and shelter.

I’m grateful for my family. Yes, obviously I mean my husband and my kids, but I mean the rest of them too....the crazy extended family that I don’t get to spend NEARLY enough time with. ( And thankfully, I get to see some of them today!)

I’m grateful for computers. Because I remember writing on typewriters. And paper cuts. I remember using white-out, and throwing away sheet after sheet of paper because I changed my mind (again!) about where I was going with a scene.

And also for the internet, because I also remember spending hours in the library trying to find info on weapons and pagan holidays and geography. One word: GOOGLE!

But mostly, I’m grateful that you guys have been here to share this amazing, thrill-ride of a debut year with me! Thank you so much for all of your support!!!!

And don't forget, you have until midnight tonight (Pacific time) to enter for your chance to win a signed ARC of DESIRES OF THE DEAD (open internationally)!

5 comments:

JaevenStar said...

I remember typing my first report on the computer in high school! I hated when I made a mistake and had to start over again...

Happy Thanksgiving to you! Stay Warm!

Kailia Sage said...

Happy Thanskgiving!

Heidi Willis said...

Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Little Ms J said...

Happy Thanksgiving, love! Hope you had a wonderful holiday with your family.

Lisa and Laura said...

You know what we're thankful for? Amazing, supportive, talented authors like YOU. XOXO