First, I just want to remind you guys that I'll be at the Dark Days of Winter stop tomorrow with authors Cynthia Hand and Ellen Schreiber at the BORDERS in Redmond, WA at 2:00PM!!! I'm still trying to figure out a clever way to give away the extra ARC of DESIRES OF THE DEAD that I picked up at the ALA last weekend, but someone will definitely be getting it, so if you're in the area....
Also, I just learned that THE BODY FINDER made YALSA's 2011 Best Fiction for Young Adults list. Can I just say: YAY libraries!!!!
And to round things out, my Friday Five:
1) My daughter asked me to autograph her bookmark from: "Mommy/Kimberly Derting" That was...weird.
2) On Monday, I got back from a writing retreat with some of my favorite YA authors, where we ate, drank, talked a lot, and brainstormed plots. Oh, yeah, we did some writing too. I'm so ready to do it again...
3) I'm reading Melissa Marr's upcoming adult debut GRAVEMINDER right now, and it is SO EFFING AWESOME!!! Seriously, she makes me feel like a hack.
4) Yesterday I was cleaning the hamster's cage so I let the hamster run around in his little ball. When my daughter came home from school she freaked out because I'd forgotten about him (it had only been an hour!), and she scolded me: "When I'm at school, he's YOUR responsibility!" (Duly noted.)
5) On Wednesday, my friend LK Madigan (Lisa) publicly shared the news of her Stage IV pancreatic cancer. I cried when I first heard the diagnosis, and I cried again when she posted about it publicly. I will probably be crying again and again as she struggles down this road. Right now, she can use all the good wishes you send her way.