Waking Up To Good News!

I’ve been traveling for the past week and I spent this morning catching up on emails, only to realize I had not one but TWO fabulous reviews of THE PLEDGE sitting in my inbox from my editor.

So now, not only has THE PLEDGE gotten mad love from KIRKUS and PUBLISHERS WEEKLY, but VOYA is calling it “fast-paced and engrossing”, while BOOKLIST says “Derting (Desires of the Dead, 2011) gives texture to Charlie’s future society, hinting at a not-so distant past when cities had names and people wanted democracy but became corrupt and turned to an all powerful Queen. Danger, dread, mystery, and romance are a potent combination for those that enjoy their dystopian-light fiction action packed.”

They say a lot of other nice stuff too, but you get the gist. And, yes, I’m over-the-moon excited that the reviewers are lovin’ this book...

I hope it’s a good sign!!!!

Comments

finally some smart people in the world!
Tere Kirkland said…
Started it yesterday and I wish I could stay home to read it instead of working today! I've only read the first fifty pages, but it's really engrossing so far.

The story seems like such a departure from your Body Finder books, but there's still a very strong sense of your authorial voice and style.

Can't wait to get back to reading!
Teril said…
It was so fabulous, you created and amazing debut read!
Caroline B said…
Man it was so good I always miss getting them signed. Do you ever come to NC:) or even boston mass I could so plan a trip there to visit cousins but also get a signed copy:)
Reverie said…
You so deserve it! It's a fabulous book!!!
I'm glad you guys liked it!!!

Caroline - I just passed THROUGH NC on a layover, but I don't think that counts, does it? ;) I think I'll be in Boston in April.