Too Funny Not to Share...(not for those with a weak stomach)

My seven year old daughter and I were playing "Would you rather...", in which we ask each other silly questions like: "Would you rather go without food for a whole day or drink sour milk?", and then the other person has to choose one of the options.

So my daughter asks me, "Would you rather shoot a bird or eat dog poop?"

I have to add that my daughter is a HUGE animal lover, so to her the answer was simple. Dog poop.

Me, not so much. While I can honestly say that the killing a bird option is pretty horrific, I have to admit that eating dog poop is just...unacceptable.

Although in hindsight, I probably should have lied.

My daughter was so upset when I gave her my answer that she nearly cried. And then she got mad. Really mad. She tried to clarify her question several times, making it clear that she meant that by shooting the bird I would be killing it (as if I hadn't already considered this point). Unfortunately, I didn't change my answer.

As a result, she drew some (lovely) pictures of me:



(Disclaimer: No actual birds were harmed in the drawing of this picture)


The second one was even funnier than the first. This is me eating a big pile of elephant poop (her version of revenge):

(Yes, that's me on my hands and knees. I love the angry drawing!)

I know there are some of you out there who think it's terrible that I found this humorous, but I couldn't help it. It cracked me up!

But next time, I think I'll save the bird.

Comments

PJ Hoover said…
Wow - she called you out, didn't she, you animal hater.
The hypothetical questions do crack me up. I've never gotten pictures though.
And yeah, I'd pick killing the bird, too. I'd just pretend it hit my windshield.
Whoever said honesty is the best policy never met a moody seven year old.
Anonymous said…
Those pictures are priceless!
Not sure how I'd have to answer. . . you do realize that I am an avid bird watcher and have too many decor birds in my house to even count. . . but actually EAT dog poop? That's like asking whether I'd like to gain 10 pounds or have all of my hair fall out permanently (nope, that's an easy one -- I'd be bald and wear a cool wig)!
Hard to picture you bald, Lori! You'd probably manage to make that look stylish too.
Okay, this IS terribly funny.

I wanted to say hi, agent-mate! And thanks for finding me on myspace.
Hey Maggie!

Laura's a great agent to share! Maybe someday soon I'll have some super-secret news to share too...

:)