Mr. Fix-It

I’ve noticed something lately.

I complain.

It’s true. There’s no point denying it. Apparently, it’s just part of my nature, part of who I am.

And my husband, he responds. He wants to fix things, to make everything better (probably to stop me from complaining).

My big gripe, as of late, is about how much (or actually, how little) time I’ve had to write. The kind of real, sit down, no kids tugging at my sleeve or screaming in the background, time. Quiet time. So...I complained. And my wonderfully sweet, and well-meaning, husband decided to help me out.

He took the kids to basketball, he did the dishes, and he attempted to do the laundry. And herein lies the rub. I say “attempted” because, as flattered as I am that he thinks I’m actually that small, I find it extremely difficult to fit into my seven year old’s teeny-tiny (size XXS) panties when he inevitably puts them into my underwear drawer.

Plus, they totally pinch and ride.

And frankly, too-small Barbie briefs are never a good look for any woman over, say, 30.

So, thanks honey, but I’ll take care of the laundry from here on out!

Comments

Tam and John said…
Wow, and I thought it was just me. :)
Batman Forever said…
But I bet your husband would like to see you in the Barbie briefs.
Sounds like Josh is a sweetie. Mine would just tell me to take a bath so I'd stop griping.
I don't think ANYONE wants to see me in Barbie undies...especially not in my daughter's size! I cracked myself up when I was writing the post, just trying to picture fitting one of my feet through her skinny little legholes (let alone pulling them all the way up)! I would look like the Incredible Hulk...in Barbie panties.
Anthony said…
The thought of Kim in Barbie panties is giving me writers block. Thank God it isn't messing with my inagination!
KK said…
Oh Kim, he didn't leave your panties in her drawer did he?? She would not be happy about that!! By the way, if my husband did laundry at our house, we'd all be wearing the same color!
Leigh Purtill said…
LOL - my husband doesn't even try to put away the laundry into drawers anymore because he pretty much always gets mine in the wrong places all the time.

word verification: elermaga - that's so black cover fantasy novel, isn't it? :)
This comment has been removed by the author.
blessedemi: It should give you writer's block (it's a seriously scary image)!

kk: She actually tried to wear a pair of my socks one day, claiming that of course they were hers "they were in her drawer"...they went up to her bony little knees (and they were anklets!).

Leigh: I'm glad I'm not the only one who tries to play "define the word" with the word verification...I thought I was a little twisted! :)
Lori Palomino said…
A girls size 10 bikinis are not great to try on either (Dion "helps" too.)
And Sophia came home from school one day and says, "I think I may be wearing your underwear Mom." She then pulled up her shirt, revealing what seemed like several yards of white cotton spilling over the top of her jeans. . . Yes, indeed, the HUGE panties belonged to me! But in my defense of their monstrous size -- they are my "comfortable" undies.
OMG, Lori! I am dying after reading your post. I'm picturing Sophia showing your the top of her jeans...maybe I've just had too much cold medicine, but that totally cracked me up!! At least she wasn't wearing a lacy black thong or anything!