Friday, January 9, 2009
Hi. My name is Kim, and I'm a Blog-o-holic...
So, I found the link to this article on Nathan Bransford's blog today, and I cracked up because this is SO me.
(Disclaimer: This is a re-posting from Polly Frost's article in the Atlantic. I did not make this up, people. These are real-life scientific terms made up by a real-life journalist. This is serious!)
DO ANY OF THESE SYMPTOMS FIT YOU?
• Blogaholism. Do you plot out your day so that it will generate as many blog postings as possible?
• Twitteritis. Did you Twitter this morning as you made your morning coffee? And then later as you trimmed your toenails?
• Reviewing Addiction. Do you spend every lunch hour pumping up your ranking as an Amazon reader-reviewer?
• RSS Dependency. Did you simplify your life by subscribing to RSS feeds only to discover yourself spending more time than ever commenting at blogs?
• Status Update Disorder. Have you made plans to self-publish a collection of your Facebook Status Updates?
I don't have time to go into the rest of it right now, I have blogs to read and people to poke. But if you want to read the rest of the article, click here.
And if you need to reach me, you can email me, check my website, my MySpace, Facebook, Tweet me on Twitter, see what I'm reading on Goodreads, Shelfari, or LibraryThing, or just check back multiple times per day at my blogs (Blogger OR LiveJournal).
Seriously. If you think I'm joking, just check the links...