Hi. My name is Kim, and I'm a Blog-o-holic...


So, I found the link to this article on Nathan Bransford's blog today, and I cracked up because this is SO me.

(Disclaimer: This is a re-posting from Polly Frost's article in the Atlantic. I did not make this up, people. These are real-life scientific terms made up by a real-life journalist. This is serious!)

DO ANY OF THESE SYMPTOMS FIT YOU?

• Blogaholism. Do you plot out your day so that it will generate as many blog postings as possible?

• Twitteritis. Did you Twitter this morning as you made your morning coffee? And then later as you trimmed your toenails?

• Reviewing Addiction. Do you spend every lunch hour pumping up your ranking as an Amazon reader-reviewer?

• RSS Dependency. Did you simplify your life by subscribing to RSS feeds only to discover yourself spending more time than ever commenting at blogs?

• Status Update Disorder. Have you made plans to self-publish a collection of your Facebook Status Updates?



I don't have time to go into the rest of it right now, I have blogs to read and people to poke. But if you want to read the rest of the article, click here.

And if you need to reach me, you can email me, check my website, my MySpace, Facebook, Tweet me on Twitter, see what I'm reading on Goodreads, Shelfari, or LibraryThing, or just check back multiple times per day at my blogs (Blogger OR LiveJournal).

Seriously. If you think I'm joking, just check the links...

Comments

PJ Hoover said…
Very funny! Thankfully, I don't feel addicted!
Heidi Willis said…
hilarious! I think twitter is my one big hold out. I'm just not sure I have enough people who care if I'm drinking coffee...
hahah this is hilarious. I have quite a few of those as well, though I don't really pay attention to most...so I suppose I'm mainly just myspace and blogger addicted. Not TOOO bad. lol

-Lauren
PurpleClover said…
OMG, I saw the same post yesterday from Nathan's blog and I was DYING. It's hilarious. I made a comment that I probably need a 12-step program myself. Not sure a 3 day seminar is going to cut it...anyone wanna be my sponsor? haha!
Leigh Purtill said…
You nailed it...I'm always "thinking" in bits and bytes, constantly "statusing" in my head until I can get to the real thing and post on FB. It IS a sickness...
Christy Raedeke said…
This is so sad, but so true. Like Heidi, my only hold out is Twitter; any more diversions and I'd never finish my sequel, let alone remember to feed my children.
Katie Anderson said…
I still don't even understand what Twitter really is??!!! Is it like a Facebook status on your cell phone?

Anyway, let me say hello. I am a friend of the HILARIOUS Christy Raedeke, and I found your blog on hers :-)

And any friend of hers, is a friend of mine - so I will be back often.

Happy New Year!

Katie
I'm so glad I'm not the only one with the "internet monkey" on my back...
Brit said…
LOL - Blogaholic here too. I haven't done Twitter - not sure anyone would care and my plate is pretty full.

Too funny.
"Did you simplify your life by subscribing to RSS feeds only to discover yourself spending more time than ever commenting at blogs?"

Oh heavens. No. That's not me at all. I swear, I have NO IDEA what you're talking about...

Thanks for the nice comment on my blog today. I just checked out your website, and The Body Finder sounds so cool! Congratulations to YOU! I can't wait to read it.