A Different Spin on the Blog Awards!!!

After an entire weekend without internet, it is so great to be back! Great. Did I mention GREAT?!?! (I love me some hi-speed internet.)

AND I’m back to announce that my blog has been nominated for a blog award by three of my favorite bloggers: Lisa and Laura, Purple Clover, and Little Miss J!

So, now it’s my turn to pay it forward, but I’m gonna play a little differently. See, I’ve decided to nominate based on my favorite individual posts. And since I’m a fan of the hilarious (and sometimes so-disgusting-it’s-hilarious) these are some of the posts that have made me laugh the hardest…or in a few cases, cringe the most.

In no particular order:

Stephanie Perkins at Natural/Artificial for “I. Have. NEWS.”, the best I’ve-got-an-agent-announcement EVER. Seriously. Ever.

Little Miss J for “Poop Christmas or Who Said ‘I Love You’ First”. (H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S!)

Christie at Juvenescence for “R.I.P.” about a bunch of college girls and a pickled baby. (I warned you, this is cringe-worthy at its best!)

Purple Clover for “New Career – Food Critic”. (I have to add that she has funnier posts, but this one was both funny AND informative. Nicely played, PC. Nicely played!)

Lisa and Laura for “All I Want for Christmas”, a countdown of a husband’s attempts at finding the perfect Christmas gift, while failing. Miserably. Year after year. All laid out on an easy to follow timeline. (Again, so many to choose from, but for some reason, this one struck a chord.)

Plot This for “Feelin’ Funky”: Woman finds baby squirrel and nurses it back to health (middle of the night feedings and all). And, as an added bonus: if you read the comments section, you find that, later, poor exhausted Katie finds a SECOND baby squirrel. (Okay, I’ll admit it, this is more of a Ha-Ha, I’m-glad-it’s-you-and-not-me kind of choice. Sorry, Katie!)

And, lastly, Shelli for “Ah the 80s”, a TOTALLY AWESOME list of all things 1980s. Need I say more?

Ladies, you all rock! Keep up the great work!!!

Comments

Christy Raedeke said…
Wow - I'm flattered that my college stupidity made it on your list! Thanks!
lisa and laura said…
Thank you for the award! I love that you chose the Christmas post. At least now when I get a terrible gift I'll know that it's all for the greater good. After all, the worst the gift, the funnier the post.
PurpleClover said…
That was the best idea ever! next time i do a blog aware i'm totally copying and putting my all time fav posts from each site!

Thanks of course!!!
From now on when you guys post, you'll be thinking "this is good, but is it award-worthy"? I've just upped the ante! Haha
Wow, thanks!! I'm so honored to be on your list :)
Katie Anderson said…
Oh man, what do I say?! I am so honored and I agree, you have definitely upped the ante by choosing specific posts! Too fun!

Furthermore, I am thrilled that my squirrel made the cut since SF's constipated Guinea Pig usually gets attention. lol

I told her this morning at Zumba, "Hey. We have to come up with some more rodent filled grossness. It's winning us MAJOR awards!"

Thank you so much!
Little Ms J said…
I love your spin! What a great idea and I'm thrilled my poop story made the cut.
Katie, I have to say I didn't know about the guinea pig, but even if I had we already had a "poop" story, and one is probably enough, right J??? ;)
Corey Schwartz said…
Thanks, I've read most (I follow Katie, Christy, Shelli, Ms. J and PurpleClover) but I'll check out the ones I missed.
Great, Corey, I hope you like 'em!