I was accused of being mean. That’s right, MEAN, by someone who read my blog post yesterday. Well, only one person. Who happens to live in my house, and is maybe the ONLY person in my house who actually reads my blog.
So, in light of the fact that yesterday’s post made me sound like a total scrooge, I thought I’d post some of the things that I LOVE about being a mom.
1) Christmas mornings. All of them.
2) Snuggling on the couch to watch TV at the end of the day (obviously I mean with my eight-year-old daughter and not my 15-year-old son.)
3) Seeing my son’s eyes all lit up when he comes back from a driving lesson with his dad. Or seeing him laugh any time, really. (He has the best laugh!)
4) Watching my oldest spread her wings as she goes out into the world, and realizing that I must have done *something* right that she’s so grounded, and funny, and all-around amazing.
5) A kiss (or hug) from any of my children, at any time. (The older they get the more I appreciate this!)
6) Seeing the amazing differences between three children who are so genetically similar and have been raised in the same household. How can they be SO different from one another???
7) The possibility of being a grandmother. I know, that's crazy talk! But with a 22-year-old, I’m already thinking about this. (Although I would never tell her that.) But, wow!
8) This picture of my son, although a) he looks a little like a crack addict in it and b) he’d kill me if he knew I’d posted it. (Thankfully, *he* doesn’t read my blog.)
Again, I’m sure there are a gazillion more things I could list, but it’s your turn…any FAVORITES???