GUESS WHAT I DID...

In the midst of wallowing in BEA envy (and ravenously scouring the internet for every scrap and tidbit I can find about it so I can live vicariously through Tweets and blog posts), I finally decided to jump off the fence about the SCBWI conference in LA this summer. That's right, I'M GOING!

Today I registered for the conference (and the PRO track) and emailed Shelli over at Market My Words to let her know that, YES, I would LOVE to be her roomie for the weekend! And now that I've finally made the decision to go, I'm so freakin' excited about it!!!

I can't wait to actually meet all of the other authors who I've "met" online (and to share a drink or three by the pool). YAY!

Doing this has made me feel a little bit better about not mingling at THE big event this weekend in New York, gathering ARCs and making new BFFs with all the fancy authors and editors.

I'll just make different BFFs...in sunny LA!

Comments

Khy said…
Ajibouedsh. Now you're really trying to make me go buy a ticket to this. xD
Reverie said…
awww that sounds like more fun I'm missing out on! Cant wait to hear all about it!!!
lisa and laura said…
CRAP! Laura and I totally have a pact to go to this fabulous event if (and only if) we can manage to sell our book...

Gosh, Kimberly way to layer on the pressure for us. We already really wanted to go, but now that we'd be able to hang out with yet another one of our fabulous blog friends (not to mention one of the friends who is on the elite, "we'd love to drink wine with them" list), NOW we're really going to be desperate.

Damn you. DAMN YOU!
Khy- Are you seriously thinking about going??? That would be awesome!!!

Rev- I didn't think I could take the pain of sitting home and reading all the Twitter reports about how "amazing" and "fabulous" another conference was. The jealousy was likely to kill me!

LiLa- Seriously? You're gonna let a little thing like not having a contract (yet!) stop you from meeting me at the BIGGEST PARTY OF THE YEAR??? (that is how I shall henceforth be referring to the SCBWI to make myself feel better about missing the BEA)
PJ Hoover said…
You'll have a blast! Take tons of pictures to share!
Khy said…
Yes, I am! My mom is still debating whether or not she can drive up all the days. We'll see. =0
Christy Raedeke said…
That's awesome! I just made my hotel reservations yesterday - now I'm at 82.7% chance of going...
PJ- I will def take pictures to share (hopefully the non-embarrassing ones...at least of me!).

Khy- I totally hope you can make it!!!

Christy- Now you HAVE to go so we can meet. AGAIN!
I'm staring at the brochure now. I haven't sent in my check, but I'm going. I am. It's worth it, isn't it? Even without a contract? (Lisa and Laura, I'm asking you too!)
Sherrie- I think there are benefits to the conference at any stage. I went last year, when I had an agent but no contract. Although, I think it's geared more toward those either without an agent, or (using the ProTrack option) those with a contract, I still found a lot of really useful info...and met a lot of REALLY great people! In fact, I met Christy Raedeke...I just don't remember it. (In my defense, we were at a cocktail party with a lot of other people!)
Well, since I have neither a contract or an agent, it might be well worth my while! And the cocktail parties sound fun :^)