Sarah Cross, 2009 Deb or Superhero?

When I saw that Sarah Cross was on my Debs’ Tour schedule this week, I was totally stoked, after all, according to her bio: Sarah Cross has saved the world, like, five times since fifth grade -- and you didn't even notice.

Okay, seriously? Who wouldn’t be excited about that?

And her debut novel, DULL BOY, looks just as amazing:

Superpowers are awesome -- unless you actually have them, like Avery does. There's only so much he can pass off as "adrenaline" before people start to get suspicious. Probably it's best to lie low, so guys in white lab coats don't come to carry him away, to find out what makes his freakish body tick. Who wants to be vivisected? But flying under the radar becomes a whole lot harder when you can actually fly. It's dangerous to be different, so for now he'll pretend to be normal, unremarkable Avery -- a dull boy -- anything to keep his secret safe.

What he doesn't expect is the horrifying truth about where his powers came from, who else might have them, and the madness of one villain's plan to turn this superpowered dull boy into something even more powerful and amazing.


So, Sarah, elaborate as much as you want, except for the ONE-WORD Bonus question. Here we go:

1) Would you rather be the Bestselling Rockstar Author or an Acclaimed Literary Award Winner?

Bestselling Rockstar!! I would console myself with awards named Benjamin. (ohmygod, I totally love her answer!!!)

2) Make people laugh, cry, or hide under the covers?

All three would be ideal. I'm up for the challenge. ;)

3) Retire early or just keep writing from your beach house(s)?

Work forever!

4) FaceBook or MySpace?

MySpace, because I don't have to log in to look at it.

5) After a period, one space or two?

One. I used to use two, until I started blogging. Then the one-space habit carried over. :)

And your bonus question: What ONE WORD of advice would give to any aspiring writer?

Strive.

Learn Sarah’s secrets at www.sarahcross.com.

Peace out, people!

Comments

Patti said…
Looks like an interesting read.
Katie Anderson said…
Oh man, I am loving this title and book and interview!
Perla said…
I'm really looking forward to Dull Boy, and I especially love this rapid fire interview.
Kelly H-Y said…
What an entertaining interview!!! Glad to have found your blog! Congrats on your own book publishing as well!
Hey Perla and Kelly -- Glad to have you here!!! :)