Friday, July 24, 2009
Some random facts about my childhood:
1) My first car was a Nissan Pulsar. White with plush red interior. Who doesn't love a sweet red interior???
2) I used to force boys be my boyfriend. Poor little Scotty in the first grade had to hold my hand during storytime. I feel like I owe him some sort of apology now.
3) My first job was as a concession girl at the Kent 6 Cinemas. The smell of movie theater popcorn is the smell of minimum wage.
4) Thanks to a little show called BJ AND THE BEAR, I once wanted to be a lady trucker. I would have had a boyfriend in every city, a faithful German Shepard companion, and a tricked-out sleeper compartment (you know, for all the boyfriends). And, no, those would not have been "forced boyfriends"...they would have been there of their own free will. Because I was gonna be a smokin' hot lady trucker.
5) During my Madonna (circa Like A Virgin) phase, I wore head-to-toe lace to a wedding. Complete with leggings, headband, gloves, and a whole lotta bangle bracelets. And I totally owned the look.
Posted by Kimberly Derting at 11:31 AM