I always wonder how much of what goes on behind the scenes with THE BODY FINDER I should post on my blog. Not because it’s a secret or anything, but how much do you guys really want to know (or do you really care to hear)? And then I see other authors making announcements or I’m asked questions about how things are progressing, so I thought I’d make a list of some of the cooler things that have happened the past few months to give you guys a glimpse of what’s been going on in my world:
1) (And this is probably my favorite!) THE BODY FINDER has sold in Germany! Thanks to the fabulous, amazing, divine, and did I mention fabulous (?) folks at HarperCollins Foreign Rights Division, we had a little bidding thing (in my head it was a full-scale war and now the German publishers are feuding) at the end of April. Yeah, probably not. But, in the end, I have found a great home at Coppenrath as a lead title for their Fall 2010 line. Just in time for Oktoberfest, right???? (You were wondering about the beer guy, weren't you?)
2) THE BODY FINDER is available for presale on Amazon. With a real date and my Melissa Marr blurb! (YAY!!!) Of course, no cover yet. (Boo!) But it’ll come eventually. It’s a little surreal seeing my name and my book on the pages of Amazon. And, of course, I preordered it, so now I get these emails saying: “we’ve noticed that customers, like you, who have ordered THE BODY FINDER have also ordered [insert book title here].” Really? People are rushing out to preorder a book with no cover and no real description? Who are these people???
3) Publishers Weekly (THE bible of publishing news) announced their Spring 2010 Sneak Peeks, and the first book listed under HarperCollins/HarperTeen…? You guessed it, THE BODY FINDER! That was a WHOA moment. Dude, seriously? I’m awed to be in such amazing company on that list!
4) Then, along those same lines, my editor was interviewed by The Book Smugglers and asked what upcoming titles she had in the works, and of all of her titles (and trust me, she is a busy and sought after woman) she named TBF first, saying: “The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting is fantastic – it’s got a dreamy romance, a creepy paranormal ability (you can probably guess what it is from the title!), and a total page-turner of a thriller plot.” Umm, wow. Just wow!
5) And I can’t say enough about all of the great reviewers and bloggers who have listed THE BODY FINDER as their picks for Waiting on Wednesday, Friday Finds, Books to Wish/Pine For, who have done cover announcements, also Jacqueline at The Eclectic Book Lover for posting my first interview, Sarah for asking me for my first autograph (even though it was for Kelsey), and just everyone in general for all of the TBF love!!! Also, to those of you who’ve already read THE BODY FINDER and have emailed me privately…thank you!
I’d better go before I get all sappy on you guys and start telling you how much I love you and that you’re the best friends a girl could ever have…*sniff*.
Because you totally are!