Interview With 2009 Deb MEGAN FRAZER

So I have just enough time for one more installment of The 2009 Debs Interviews before I jet off to LA for a weekend of SCBWI conference fun! Today we welcome Megan Frazer, author of SECRETS OF TRUTH & BEAUTY:

When Dara Cohen was little, she was crowned Little Miss Maine. That was then. Now Dara's seventeen and she's not so little anymore. That's just one of her many problems. Another is that her control-freak mom won't get off her case about anything. Yet the one that hurts the most is the family secret: Dara has an older sister her parents tried to erase from their lives.

Welcome Megan! Feel free to elaborate as much as you want, except of course for the one-word BONUS question.


(Pay special attention to Megan’s answer to the bonus question (I LOVE IT!).)

So, Megan, here we go:

1) Would you rather be the Bestselling Rockstar Author or an Acclaimed Literary Award Winner?

Wow, this is a very tough question, because it's basically like, "Who do you want to like you, the critics or the masses?" and I'm someone who wants everyone to like me. To a fault. I think, though, I'd be happiest with a bit of both, not at the extreme of either. I guess that's a cop out, but it's an honest cop out.

2) Make people laugh, cry, or hide under the covers?

Laugh and cry at the same time. Even though I hate cutesy combinations of words, I am thankful for "dramedy", because that's something I really enjoy, and I hope I'm able to create.

3) Retire early or just keep writing from your beach house(s)?

Writing from the beach house. Or lake house. I'm not picky.

4) FaceBook or MySpace?

FaceBook.

5) After a period, one space or two?

I've been converted to the one space.

And your BONUS question: What ONE WORD of advice would give to any aspiring writer?

Live. (Did you see that? Awesome answer, Megan!)

For more information about Megan and her books, check out her website at www.meganfrazer.com! And be sure to check out SECRETS OF TRUTH & BEAUTY in bookstores now!!!

Comments

Unknown said…
Hi :)
Thanks for the great interview with Megan Frazer and thanks to Megan for being here & sharing.
That really is the best advice, to Live.
Love and best wishes,
twitter.com/RKCharron
xxoo
Aww, Shelli, I miss you too!!!