MISS ME YET???

For those of you who don’t know yet, I got my editorial letter last week for book two. It wasn’t bad. And by not bad, I mean I think my editor might actually be a genius! I’m completely excited to be working on revisions with her notes. Except for the part where I hole up in the house for the next six weeks with nothing but Skittles and tea.

What about the kids, you ask? Fortunately, school’s about to start, they’re the district’s problem now.

Oh…not the kids…you were asking about the blog…

Hmm, well…I’ll try. No guarantees. Hang in there, though; I’m sure I can pull out a gem or two for you. And, WOW, will they be spectacular. Totally worth the wait. Totally! Just sayin’.

As for me, I can’t wait to see how everything comes together on the book! She’s a genius, I tell you. A frickin’ genius.

And you know that I totally won’t be able to stay away. Not really. Not from you guys!

Comments

Kelsey said…
Congrats! Looking forward to reading it... and The Body Finder!(:
lisa and laura said…
You are such a tease! Happy revising!
Michelle Zink said…
I feel your pain, Kimberly! Not because of revisions at the moment, but because of tour-related and get-the-kids-ready-for-school-related STUFF.

Catch ya on the flip side, sistah!
<3
Oh man, I'm supposed to get the revision letter for book 2 this week. My agent called last night to warn me I have a lot of work ahead. *dies*

Good luck on your own revisions!
Little Ms J said…
I know how much you love the smell of book carcass as you revise, cut and stitch.. so enjoy! We'll miss you so you have to check in every now and again to tell us about your murdered darlings.
Kelsey - Thanks! I'm looking forward to reading it too (the new and improved version) :)

LiLa - You know it, my friends!

Paul - Word.

Michelle - And by catch ya on the flip side, you mean "see you in Seattle", right? ;)

Oh Becca! I didn't say it wasn't "a lot" of work...it's just that (as Little Miss J) points out, I LOVE IT. Freakishly. I do love how the letters always start with all the praisy stuff, like my ego is too fragile to just jump right in!

LMJ - I will definitely try to wash the dried ink off my hands now and then to let you know that I'm still alive. Probably when I run out of Skittles and have to re-stock.
PJ Hoover said…
I'll miss you, too!
have a great time with revisions!
Tam and John said…
Skittles and tea. That sounds like my kind of diet. Do I have to write a book to be on it?

Good luck!
Reverie said…
waaaa!! We'll miss you!!! dont work too hard!
i still bug you on your phone as I move through my edits. we can have a virtual tea :) miss yah!
Patti said…
Good luck with the edits.
Tam - Surprisingly, no, they let *just anyone* buy those things at the store ;)