THE REST OF MY SCBWI TRIP (another post in pics)

I didn't have my own camera so I pretty much had to "borrow" pics off of other people's sites.

This was at The Blue Moon Ball with Graeme, SF Hardy, Christy (peeking in from behind), Heather, me, and I-am-so-sorry-I-don't-know-your-name (if anyone knows, please comment so I can stop feeling like such a jerk!)

My roomie for the weekend, Shelli (psst, she's going to be a superstar!) and Bill Cochran as the Angry Astronaut. Bill thought he got robbed in the costume contest since he fit the bill (no pun intended) (of course it was intended!) for both "blue" and "moon", dressed as one of America's heroes. But I have to say that without the Tang, he was really just phoning it in. (Maybe Big Octopus Lady deserved to win.)

I'm just saying, Bill.

And I'm not even sure what to say about Paul and Tyler. Do they not look like something from a Dr. Seuss book? Okay, so do we want to know how they handled the bathroom situation? Wait! No! I'm pretty sure we don't...at least not after the lengthy explanation of men's room etiquette they gave us at dinner Sunday night. (I smell a board book!)

Christy, SF, and me. I got nothin' snarky to say...they both look gorgeous!!!

I had a hard time saying goodbye to everyone (Me, Jay, Shelli, Katie, Paul, SF, Tyler, and Bill way in the back!)...can't wait to do it all again next year!!! Seriously, I may need one of you to make a YouTube video of the "voice" (I just can't get it out of my head).

Comments

JESSJORDAN said…
Darn inside "voice" jokes. It's like I'm peeking through frosted glass.

:)
Tyler said…
Bill did play a fantastic angry astronaut, didn't he?

And that picture probably looks like I had slightly too much to drink, but I swear the face was intentional!

KEYNOTE! (It had to be said.)
Does Sarah Frances ever NOT look gorgeous? She and Katie are like models with brains =)

I love the photos. *sniff* Good times...
StaffPicks said…
I'm working on that board book... I'm thinking it should be in the shape of a ... urinal. |:~)

So great hanging out, Kim, and KEYNOTE laughing with you.

PS: to Sherrie: SF and Katie created the SCBWIGLAMFEST !! But of course you fit right in with them. :~)
jessjordan - I know. Sorry you weren't there to share with us. Next year...

Tyler - It needs to be said often and loudly!

Sherrie - Right??? They're hawt! Next year we need to spend more time together than just a mixed up class schedule!

Paul - LMAO! I love the urinal shape!!! You can call it "dotting the i"!
aw shucks - DITTO! just call me anytime - Ill do the voice :)
i nominated your blog for an award today :)
Christy Raedeke said…
I loved meeting you in person, Kim! One of the highlights of the conference was being able to "compare notes" with you and feel a little less insane. :)
Katie Anderson said…
Aww I miss you too! We are definitely going to stay in better touch this year. And we are gonna celebrate HARD when all of our books come out!!! And yours, my dear, is FIRST!!
Katie Anderson said…
am giggling....

"dotting the i"

KEYNOTE! (don't forget the "leg kick")
Shelli and Katie - Next time you guys are all together you need to do a YouTube video. Shelli can do the voice and Katie can do the leg kick. ;)

Christy - I'm so glad we got the chance to hang out...I wish we'd had more time!!!
Brit said…
I want to see a YouTube video of the voice!

Kimberly, you were recognized on my blog today.
glovin said…
That picture probably looks like I had slightly too much to drink, but I swear the face was intentional!

--
glovin
Best Affordable Security Systems Suitable for Renters and Apartments, Business and RV