TENNER LUNCH and DEBS DINNER (a post in pics)

Khy, Catt (who made the most brilliant shirt with all kinds of stuff about the Tenners, Jay Asher, and Kami Garcia & Margie Stohl), and Alicia (all pictured with Suzanne Young) were just three of the lovely bloggers who made the day so fabulous!

Me with Suzanne Young...

...and with Khy.

Vania (our fourth beautiful blogger) with THE Holly Black. My attempt at being "aloof and cool" in front of Holly came across as "who-the-hell-are-you" resulting in one very famous author thinking I had no idea who she was. I had to remedy that the next day by explaining to her that I was trying not to fan-girl all over her. (Leave it to me to make an ass of myself somehow!)

Okay, so Khy put together these AMAZING gift bags for each of the authors in attendance. She must have spent hours searching through our books, blogs, websites, and possibly even our trash to uncover our innermost secrets because She. Nailed. Them!

This was mine, all packed into a popcorn tub:

The popcorn tub because my main characters go on a date to the movies, the police car because my main character's uncle is a cop, the other car (because you'll have to read why), the mascara is my favorite brand (and only a loyal blog reader would know that!), ditto with bubble gum (I LOVE bubble gum), and the coloring book is because I used to make homemade coloring books and go door-to-door selling them when I was a little girl. On top of that, she wrote the sweetest note ever!

And, yes Khy, I will "Stay Gold"!!!

So, after a long day of excitement, I got to meet up with the Debs (and Lisa Schroeder, pictured here with J.E. MacLeod) for dinner that night (Thanks, L.K. for planning such a great evening!). It was loud and wonderful and like being with long-lost friends.

And this was just Friday!!!

Comments

JESSJORDAN said…
Oh my God, I had THE hardest time trying not to be all fan-girl around Holly and Ellen Hopkins. I think I ended up looking slightly crazed and airheaded instead. Oh well. Holly is SOOO nice!
Not only was she so nice, but I thought she gave a fantastic speech!!! (The stories about her mother were priceless)
Khy said…
"d possibly even our trash to uncover our innermost secrets"

SHHHH! O_O That's a sekrit.;o

LOVED seeing you! You are awesome! <33
Unknown said…
I met Holly Black at the Geektastic party and we Massahusetts-ites, just talked for hours! She really is very approachable and friendly!

You guys all look so beautiful! I'm glad you all had a great time!
Reverie said…
J.E. is sooo sweet! i ended up meeting her on sunday!

and what a fun group of ppl we had. i just wish i had more time to hang out and meet everyone some more!thanks for planning it and thanks for being so cool!
PJ Hoover said…
You are such a superstar! This looks like a blast. I'm so glad you're having so much fun.
Danni said…
That looks like so much fun! :)
PurpleClover said…
Wow! I'm simply jealous! That's all I have to say.

My son would have loved for me to bring home hot wheels and who can't do with another mascara?? Mascara is my friend!

Love the pics. Maybe one day I'll be able to join you guys! But I'll have to bring my hubby and kids and make it into a vacation. lol. Unless of course, I can convince him to move out that way. ;) My sis and I are already talking about which would be better - Portland or Seattle. lol.
Donna Gambale said…
Love Khy's blog! Glad you had fun.
Heidi R. Kling said…
What fun! I'm so sad I missed out.
Khy is SO sweet!
glovin said…
I think I ended up looking slightly crazed and air headed instead. Oh well. Holly is SOOO nice!

--
glovin
Get the best FREE offers on the Best Home security Systems
Mrs. Pilkington said…
oh, you guys look so smiley and cool! thanks for the pics!