MY INVENTED LIFE: The Lauren Bjorkman Interview!

Aside from the fact that Lauren Bjorkman’s MY INVENTED LIFE is just out TODAY (*confetti and streamers all around*), it’s also the kind of book I love. The kind that comes with a dash of controversy! (I’m sure you can figure out which part has *some people* up in arms).

Me? MY INVENTED LIFE just moved to the top of my TBR pile!!!

Roz and Eva are sisters, close friends, and fierce rivals. Roz fantasizes about snagging the lead in the school play and sexy skate god Bryan as her boyfriend. Sadly a few obstacles stand between her and her dreams. For one, Eva is the more talented actress. And Bryan happens to be Eva’s boyfriend. But is Eva having a secret love affair with a girl? Enquiring minds need to know.

Roz prides herself on random acts of insanity. In one such act, she invents a girlfriend of her own to encourage Eva to open up. The plan backfires, and Roz finds herself neck deep in her invented life. When Roz meets a mercurial boy with a big problem, she begins to understand the complex feelings beneath the labels. And she gets a second chance to earn Eva’s trust.

My Invented Life is set in a small California high school during rehearsals for a Shakespeare comedy.


On top of her debut release, Lauren Bjorkman also hosts a teen advice column called ASK MY SISTER, based on (you guessed it!) Roz and Eva from MY INVENTED LIFE. How clever is that???

To celebrate, Lauren has stopped by to answer a few questions:

1) Would you rather be the Bestselling Rockstar Author or an Acclaimed Literary Award Winner?

Can I be both? No? OK, if I must choose, I'll be literary. Fame and fortune have a few down sides (I hate it when my dinner out is interrupted by adoring fans demanding my autograph). Well, and literary books inspired me to write in the first place.

2) Make people laugh, cry, or hide under the covers?

I love books that make me cry, but when I started writing my own books, and they came out funny, I went with it.

3) Retire early or just keep writing from your beach house(s)?

Keep writing. One beach house will suffice.

4) FaceBook or MySpace?

FB all the way. MySpace is fun, but the flash shuts down my wifi.

5) After a period, one space or two?

LOL! I used to use two, but switched over to one about four years ago.

And your bonus question: What ONE WORD of advice would give to any aspiring writer:

Dig.

Thanks for having me, Kimberly!

For more about Lauren or her books, check out her website at http://www.laurenbjorkman.com/. For advice from Roz or Eva, send letters to lauren@laurenbjorkman.com!

Congrats Lauren! And HAPPY RELEASE DAY!!!!!!!!

Comments