STUPID CUPID: The Rhonda Stapleton Interview!


I’m sad to say that this is my last Debs’ Interview, as Rhonda Stapleton is the last OFFICIAL Deb standing. And what a note to end on…Rhonda’s book STUPID CUPID is this great laugh-out-loud charmer.

Seriously, I was cracking up while I read this book! She has a way of using phrases that (I swear) if I had tried to use would have come out sounding dorky and awkward, but in her immensely capable hands (and with her perfect comic timing), came out as spot-on sarcastic teen dialogue! I completely fell in love with her main character Felicity!!!

Here’s a little about STUPID CUPID (the first in a trilogy…YAY!):

Felicity Walker believes in true love. That’s why she applies for a gig at the matchmaking company Cupid’s Hollow. But when Felicity gets the job, she learns that she isn’t just a matchmaker…she’s a cupid! (There’s more than one of them, you know.)

Armed with a hot pink, tricked-out PDA infused with the latest in cupid magic (love arrows shot through email), Felicity works to meet her quota of successful matches. But when she bends the rules of cupidity by matching her best friend Maya with three different boys at once, disaster strikes. Felicity needs to come up with a plan to set it all right, pronto, before she gets fired…and before Maya ends up with her heart split in three.

Okay, Rhonda, last Debs' Interview, make it count. (No pressure!):

1) Would you rather be the Bestselling Rockstar Author or an Acclaimed Literary Award Winner?

Bestselling Rockstar Author, for sure!!

2) Make people laugh, cry, or hide under the covers?

I want to make them laugh. A lot.

3) Retire early or just keep writing from your beach house(s)?

Write from the beach house. I don't see me giving this up.

4) FaceBook or MySpace?

FaceBook, hands down.

5) After a period, one space or two?

One space. It used to be two, but I've converted. haha

And your bonus question: What ONE WORD of advice would give to any aspiring writer?

READ.

To find out more about her books, or to read of her three (yes, you read that right…THREE) bios, check out her website at http://rhondastapleton.com/!

Comments

lisa and laura said…
Congrats to Rhonda! I think she's actually a fellow Clevelander. Let the stalking begin!
I believe you're right...I'm jealous that I can't stalk with you!!!
Patti said…
Sounds like a great book. Great advice to read. I plan on trying that this year. Read more.
Suzette Saxton said…
Loved this interview! Especially the last question. Awesome.

Oh! Also love your bio pic. Your eyes are so silvery. Very neat effect. Makes me curious to know what you were looking at!

Can't wait to read your books.
Chelle Sandell said…
Sounds really good! I love to read a good book that makes me laugh out loud.

Congrats on your upcoming new release!
Rhonda Helms said…
YAY, thanks for interviewing me!!