STUFF...

I've reached the point in my revisions where it's become a raging obsession. I'm skipping meals, avoiding my family, and even dreaming about this project. I woke up at 5(!!!) this morning and couldn't go back to sleep because I was thinking about a certain scene, reworking it in my head. I finally just got out of bed so I could work on it.

The good news: This kind of obsessive behavior means I should be wrapping things up fairly quickly, so I can go back to doing normal things, like eating. And showering.

The bad news: You guys have no idea what I'm talking about because this isn't a project I've even told you about yet. (That should change soon, though!)

Also, I just got word that Denmark has joined The Body Finder ranks. So a huge shout out to Politiken, my new Danish publisher, for being brilliant enough to snatch up TBF! Tak (thank you), Denmark!!!

Comments

Unknown said…
Congratulations! Here is hoping that The Body Finder takes over the world!!!!
Heidi Willis said…
This is so funny because I was thinking about writing a post about this very thing this very morning!! I'm exactly the same way... when I'm really into it, I don't want to do ANYTHING else!

I just finished the final touches on my final draft, and now I'm feeling the post-book let-down. Not that I don't have plenty to do (like eating and showering), but I don't want to do them. I want to be in my manic-writing stage again.

Sigh. I'm even thinking of starting another book before school starts in January. Possible suicide?

Congrats on Denmark. The world keeps getting bigger for you!
ReggieWrites said…
YAY! So glad TBF will be in Denmark! And LOL, your writing escapades are hilarious =))) Can't wait to hear about this 'sekrit' project =)))