No More Lies...

So…a lot of you have asked me whether THE PLEDGE would be a stand-alone book or part of a series. And of course I cleverly (or maybe not so cleverly) evaded your questions by using the Jedi mind trick, or just flat out playing dumb about it for far too long. Well, I’m happy to announce that I can finally answer this question!

Since I’d originally intended THE PLEDGE to be a trilogy, I’m super duper fab-tabulously excited to announce that’s it’s official: THE PLEDGE will, in fact, be the first book of a TRILOGY!!!!

See the announcement that was in Publisher's Marketplace this morning:

Kimberly Derting's THE PLEDGE series, books 2 and 3, in which a teen girl in an oppressive society, who has a secret ability to speak all languages, meets a mysterious and beautiful teen boy who speaks a language she's never heard, and discovers she is the key to her country's survival, to Ruta Rimas and Justin Chanda at McElderry Books, for publication in Fall 2012 and 2013, by Laura Rennert at Andrea Brown Literary Agency (NA).


Whew!!!! I’m so glad that’s FINALLY out there! I am the world’s worst secret keeper, and it kills me to have to hide things like that.

But...YAY!!!!

I’m excited. I hope you are too.

Comments

Dana Elmendorf said…
If it is half as promising as THe Body Finder...I just became triple excited!
Mickey said…
Congrats and YAYYYY!!! :o)
Leigh Smith said…
Consider me excited:) Congrats!!!
Mariya said…
Finally some confirmation! I can't wait for book 2 Kimberly! I am dying to see what happens next in the Pledge Trilogy =DDDDDD
Suzanne Young said…
AHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO HAPPY!!!!!!
Stephanie K. said…
Yay i sooo cant wait, Iam in love with The body Finder series and am so excited to finally read The Pledge. Soo happy its gonna be a trilogy. CONGRATS ! !

p.s.
when is ur launch party for The Pledge gonna be? Me and Renee were wondering about it the other day.
Janellesmile said…
That is so EXCITING, Kim!!!! Congrats!
Let me know if you're ever in the Chicago area!
I would love to see you! :)
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! So ridiculously happy for you! (and I can't wait to read the whole trilogy!) :)
Lynsey Newton said…
You don't need me to tell me how much I adored this book, right? And so I'm INCREDIBLY happy to hear that it's going to be trilogy :DDDD
Anonymous said…
Congratulations!!!
Anonymous said…
YES!!!! Congratulations!!! I love the whole idea of the book, but now we get 3 of them!!
Hardygirl said…
What wonderful news! So happy for you, and toasting you from Mississippi! Woo hoo!
Anonymous said…
Before I get into the negative let me just start with I Am highly excited about the pledge and Im going to read it it looks and sounds amazing and I have a hoodie that makes me feel like the girl on the cover >> so yes I am super excited for this book

now my negative ugh I'm getting so sick of trilogies and was really looking forward to this being a standalone and had even put it in my stand alone section when organizing my TBR shelf on good reads (I have stand alone, book ones, book twos and then anything after book two) and I know this isn't you're fault and I'm not upset at you or your story it's just seem like every book is a series now
Lacey Devlin said…
Excellent! But I would like books two and three to come with my order of The Pledge. They're all coming out a day apart, right? I'M NOT GOING TO HAVE TO WAIT AM I??? ;-)
Little Ms J said…
I am so excited for you, but more for me since I get to brag to my friends that I'm having brunch with a famous fancy-pants author. For shizzle.

I'm so excited for you!

Oh, and Amie picked up a book you blurbed over the weekend and said she loved it! I can't think of the name of it right now because I was face planted in mine, but we're switching soon....
Fiona Li said…
The moment I read the blurb of The Pledge, I wanted it immediately. The cover was absolute gorgeous, and I'm sure I'll love the book. I'm still counting down the days I can get it in my hands.

This just makes everything better, we get three books!

Congratulations!!