Tell The Truth Tuesday…

One of the things I hate about the world-o-publishing are all of the secrets. I think I’ve said this before, but I am not a good secret-keeper. All the secret-keeping makes me shut down. Aka, blog silence. Have you noticed the blog silence??? Yeah, there are secrets. And I really, really hate keeping ‘em.

Also, I got word today that my publisher is pretty much out of Desires of the Dead ARCs.

The good news: That means that DESIRES was highly requested.

The bad news: That means most reviewers will now have to wait until there are finished copies. Boo!

Unless, of course, I have a contest.

I totally think I should have a contest soon, don’t you?

In other news, it was pointed out to me today that I blink a lot. Excessively, even. (Yes, mom, I was listening…I get it, I blink too much!)

Actually, I was the first one to bring it up after watching a video of myself, and my mom only confirmed what I already suspected: I am a super-blinker!

The good news: My eyelids are incredibly strong.

The bad news: I look like I'm having some sort of seizure on camera.

Seriously, though, I think I may have some sort of dry eye thing going on…since…well, forever. Anyway, I’m gonna have to get that checked out. Next time you see a video of me, I won’t even blink. Not once. It’ll be freaky.

In a totally cool, I’m-so-hot, look-at-me-not-blinking kind of way, of course.

Comments

Yay for all the Desires of the Dead hype. It's SOOOOO deserved!

*taps foot impatiently!*

Also, I've now met you--twice--and can confirm that I've never noticed any blinking issues. And you don't want to end up looking like Haley Joel Osmett in A.I. It's freaky when someone doesn't blink! (well...he's just kind of freaky in general).
Rachel said…
YAY for Desires of the Dead! That's awesome! And I TOTALLY think you should have a giveaway! Whatever it will be is awesome! After reading The Body Finder, i've been thinking about the sequel incessantly! Well, anyway, I can't wait until January when we talk again! Thanks!
Let me take a minute here to gloat over the fact that I have an arc of Desires of the Dead! And now I shall hide so people don't throw rocks at me.

Also--you know I'm good at sharing secrets, wink wink, nudge nudge, if you're desperate to spill!

:-)
Little Ms J said…
I love secrets. They usually mean something VERY good.

By the way, I didn't notice any incessant blinking! Granted, I was eating my tacos like I was at a trough, but still... between snarfing I didn't see any blinking. For realz.
Jess said…
Hi Kimberly,

I just finished THE BODY FINDER (I know, I'm super late to the game), and can't say enough about the balance of the book. I'm still trying to figure out how you had a young adult love story/gripping thriller, and included the paranormal aspect with such grace. I loved it, and can't wait for Desires of the Dead!
Shannon and LMJ - I think I've confirmed that this blinking thing is a video induced issue. Maybe I'm allergic to cameras!

Frankie - I'll keep that in mind...and you do the same. *wink*

Ivy - I think the giveaway is inevitable at this point... ;)

And Jess - THANK YOU! I'm so glad you liked it!!!
Pam said…
YAY for 'Desires of the Dead'!! I'm reading 'The Body Finder' now and LOVE it. :) I'm also late in the game. Looking forward to a CONTEST!!! And as far as the blinking thing goes...we ALL have strange little vices. And we ALL are our worst critic. It could be worse...you could be me... Even if I'm not thinking about anything, I begin EVERY single sentence with...Ummm. I bet I sound like a goober.
Diane J. said…
How excititing that Desires of the Dead is so requested! Whoohoo! I'm dancing around for you. You must have one doozy of a secret.

Congratulations!
BookChic said…
I'm so glad I was able to get an ARC of Desires. I can't wait to read it. The cover is so pretty in person too- I may have pet it a bit... lol.
Diane said…
So looking forward to Desires of the Dead!!! Oh and a contest would be awesome!
Unknown said…
I am late to the game--*just* got The Body Finder--but I'm glad that once I finish it, I don't have to wait long for the sequel!
hmmmm and I have 2 - yikes! better go lock the doors - the mobs are coming!
Anne R. said…
I always run out of spot for Desires of the Dead ARC tours. It takes less than 24 hours for the sign-ups to be closed. Poor Me D:

Congrats, though! I am totally unsurprised that Desires of the Dead is in demand right now :D The Body Finder is such an amazing book. I, myself, am rooting for book 2.