Movies News (Not mine, but almost as awesome!)...

If you've read my blog for a while, you've probably heard me mention these two books once or twice, as they definitely land on my all-time faves reading lists. But now these books are being made into ginormous film franchises and I, for one, am rabidly(!!!) watching all the pre-production news (casting, set locations, filming dates, etc) since I can't wait to see them in full technicolor (do we even have technicolor anymore?) on the big screen!!!

The first one is BEAUTIFUL CREATURES by Margaret Stohl and Kami Garcia, a book I've gushed and gushed about. This southern gothic series is a gorgeous blend of amazing characters and fantastic writing and the most incredible imagery. It's going to be cinematic eye candy!

And not only will it be beautiful to behold, it's got the most talented cast, with the likes of Emmy Rossum as Ridley, Jeremy Irons as Uncle Macon, Academy Award nominee Viola Davis(!) as Amma, Emma Thompson playing the dual role of Link's mom AND Serafine, and about a zillion other amazing actors!!! You can see the full cast here and you can even get your first glimpse of this magical set here

BEAUTIFUL CREATURES, the movie, is set to release on February 13th 2013, and the next (and final) installment in the BEAUTIFUL CREATURES series, BEAUTIFUL REDEMPTION, hits stores October 23rd.

The second book that I've raved about is CITY OF BONES by Cassandra Clare. I may have actually mentioned once or twice that Ms. Clare is at risk of receiving a lady kiss from me if I ever see her again. I love her books that much! Okay, I love Jace that much!  

Either way, THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS: CITY OF BONES has that all important green-light from Hollywood and is set to start filming on August 15th (yes...just three days from now!!!).  And talk about casting...this cast is swoonworthy to the nth degree!

Where do I start? Let's see, I'll start with Valentine since he's being played by uber-freaking-hot Johnathan Rhys Meyers, and then move on to Jace being played by Jamie Campbell Bower, Alec who will be played by Kevin Zegers, Magnus Bane played by Hottie McHot, I mean Godfrey Gao, and Luke played by Aidan Turner.  The scorch factor on this one is over the top.

And, oh yeah, there are some girls in this movie too.  The super talented Lena Headley is playing Jocelyn (Clary's mom), and Clary, herself, is being played by gorgeous Lily Collins. You can see the rest of the casting and get movie news here.

So what about you? Do you get all tingly when your favorite books are made into movies? Are you as fan-girlie as I am about these ones? Are there any books you would sell one of your kidneys to see on the big (or small) screen???




Comments

Merissa W. said…
I'm cracking up about Hottie McHott!! And I can't wait to introduce these series to my skeptical "old lady" friends who tend to avoid YA...I know they'll see the movies and then hear a big ol' "Told ya so!" from me. (and yes, then they can all borrow my books...)
Arla said…
So excited for these two movies AND Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi.

I hadn't heard the Jonathon Rhys-Meyers. I almost passed out! Great post!
Haha, Merissa! I love it when someone says, "Have you heard of that new book The Hunger Games?" Umm...yeah...

Arla - Right??? He's so freaking hot. I mean...talented. (Okay, I meant hot.)
Robert said…
This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. the good fight season 2