Monkey on My Back

So, in the midst of the chaos of trying to organize a week-long family vacation, I've decided to make a quick trip down to LA (yes, they did have a magnitude 5.4 earthquake today) to do the SCBWI Conference this weekend. Something about these conferences (this is my third in as many months) is like crack to me. That, or I'm a glutton for punishment...

At least that's how it feels right now. I made the decision to go last night (the conference starts on Friday), got up this morning and booked my hotel & airfare, shot over a fax with my conference registration, and delayed the start of our vacation by one day. In the meantime, I've got to do laundry, make sure the dog will be taken care of while we're away, and pack for two (back-to-back) trips.

Whew!

But I'm definitely looking forward to hob-nobbing with the writers, agents, and editors of the children's publishing world. And hopefully something fun (or more likely, embarrassing) will happen that I can share when I get back.

Comments