I feel like all I talk about lately is “book stuff”.
Well, it is. I can’t help it. I mean, just look at that countdown clock…how am I supposed to think about anything else?
So I thought I’d do a quick round-up post, to get all my jumbled thoughts in order (and to let you know that I am doing OTHER THINGS too):
1) I spent nearly half an hour this morning surfing the interwebz in search of the best place to buy Nerds gumballs. I found these: 20 pounds of gumbally-goodness (that’s 850 pieces, you guys!) for just $59. True story.
2) I bought a NOOK Color this weekend to give away at my Mega Epic Launch Party!!!! I know, right? One lucky winner is gonna walk away with the coolest gift basket ever. I really hope it’s me!!!
(Note: I’m not eligible to win.)
(Second note: That first note totally sucks.)
3) While I was buying the NOOK, I did this:
It's Cassandra Clare. I had to.
4) I’m working to update my EVENTS PAGE (see sidebar), but I’m adding events faster than I can keep up. In the next few weeks we have: The Mega Epic Launch; For the Love of Reading Library Panel in Sumner, WA; a SIGNING in Portland, OR; and then the HUGE HUGE HUGE HarperTeen Dark Days of Winter Tour! There are also awesome things afoot at RT in Los Angeles that I will post about later!!!
5) Speaking of HarperTeen, they asked me to do a quick video “introducing Desires of the Dead”. Unfortunately for them, they gave me very few instructions, which meant I was free to be a total dork (which I was). Check out the results of me, a camera, too much caffeine, and too little sleep:
6) For those of you following the ECHOES OF THE DEAD Contest, tomorrow is the last day to enter. I lovelovelove your entries…and you’ve definitely helped me beef up my working list, so THANK YOU!!! Some of your echoes have already been used in DESIRES (I won’t say which ones, since that’s spoilery).
(Note: Used echoes are not disqualified echoes, it just means that great-minds-think-alike!)
Here are just a few that made me stop and go OOOH!:
Papercuts (I cringed when I read this one.)
The tinkling of a music box (I think this could be a great quasi-creepy echo. Or maybe it’s just me that’s creeped out by that sound.)
Lip/eye twitching (posted on Goodreads) (This one would be crazy-annoying!)
Seriously, keep ‘em coming. You guys are SO creative!!!!
7) And, lastly, the B&N in Federal Way, WA is currently taking phone orders for signed copies of Desires of the Dead and The Body Finder. Don’t miss your chance to pre-order them before the launch party! Did I mention it’s gonna be MEGA EPIC?!?!?
REALLY? The only non-book thing I did was search for gumballs???
I need to get a life.